?

Log in

MST Office Announcements [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Camarilla Settings Office

[ website | MST page ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

AMST Chief of Staff report - September 2008 [Sep. 26th, 2008|12:49 am]
Camarilla Settings Office

silver_blue
MST Office:AMST Report for (GL-000-A White Wolf) Submitted by (UK0210-2071) On 2008-09-25 19:17:30 and due 2008-09-25 Status is Entered

====Executive Summary====

A bit of a hectic month IRL for me, so first off I'd like to apologise to anyone who's awaiting responses on me for any queries, or who had to wait longer than they should have. I expect to be fully caught up on that completely by the end of the month.

Coordination with ICC and the development of plot/story continues, and the communication between myself and Leanne from a Requiem point of view has been excellent. I'm very enthusiastic about ICC both as a global storyteller and a player.

Web development stuff for an updated MST/Global site is lagging a couple of weeks behind what I'd hoped. Still moving forward though. The skeleton test version I expect to be up and running for global staff to test out by the start of October. The aim is to have a development site that can go "live" to membership sometime in November, and certainly by the end of the year.

However, one major part of the toolbox/resources for that website is basically complete. And it was a major task! You should expect to be able to see on the current MST site in the very near future (i.e. the next few days) *all* custom devotions and custom bloodlines in Requiem, plus other venue AMSTs are close to completing the publication of custom mechanics also. The intention here is to provide STs with a knowledge of custom stuff that's accessible, and for players to be able to have a point of reference on custom powers. There are well over 300 custom devotions, and frankly most "new" powers we see these days have potential equivalents and existing mechanics that can be used instead.

We've also revisited the addendum and restructured it. I think it's far more user-friendly now and I hope you agree. I'd like to thank Jess Orsini and her addendum restructure team, Justin for his continued work on the addendum, and the beta-readers.

Thank you once more for the response to the Requiem-OOC request for "write a plotkit for someone else". I'm collating all of those replies and suggestions and making decisions on what we're going to implement.

Looking forward once again to ICC, and catching up with old friends as well as making new. There'll be a global q&a at the event, but I'm also happy to try and make time throughout the convention if you have a query or an idea to run past me (a beer often helps me find an extra ten minutes!). Look forward to seeing you there.
Link1 comment|Leave a comment

AMST Chief of Staff report [Aug. 29th, 2008|03:01 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office

silver_blue
MST Office:AMST Report for (GL-000-A White Wolf) Submitted by (UK0210-2071) On 2008-08-28 19:03:45 and due 2008-08-25 Status is Entered

====Executive Summary====

This has been a busy month, with a lot of new initiatives starting to come online, the results of which will be seen more widely in the not too distant future. I continue to be enthused by the "can do" attitude of Michelle and the AMST staff, and feel that we're moving the chronicle in a very positive direction.

A major project has been the coordination with ICC and the development of a number of major plot/story strands in Requiem that will both influence that event and progress from it. ICC will be shaped to some extent by background events that will have a future impact on the global chronicle, and equally parts of ICC will be acting as starting points and catalysts for other global storylines. Both David and Leanne have been really positive in working closely with Global on this, and I'm very keen to see the results.

After a quieter month in terms of web development stuff, I've made some further inroads into a revamped Camarilla MST/Global site. I expect in the next couple of weeks to have a skeleton version that global staff will be able to play around with (...and break!) and come back with feedback for a more solid development that can go "live" to the membership. That includes looking once more at the addendum and trying to make what is a tough document to simplify as accessible as we possibly can, developing a genuine library of resources and tools for STs and players, so that the site can become more central to everyone.

A large part of that toolbox is going to be the publication of all currently approved custom mechanics. I know this is something that a lot of people have requested, and it's not something we've ignored, but I hope that we can ask for patience in getting this all completed, because there's a lot of custom stuff out there! The intention here is both to provide STs with a solid knowledge of custom stuff, but also players who are looking into developing custom powers to have a point of reference and (hopefully) the opportunity to choose a power that mirrors what they're looking for without necessarily having to write one from scratch.

I'm grateful to players for their response to my Requiem-OOC request for "write a plotkit for someone else". I'll reiterate that here, because it's ongoing as far as I'm concerned. I'm calling for players to write a plotkit with an international scope for a Clan or Covenant that they don't play a character in. For every plotkit that's submitted (that's draft plotkit, not just plot idea) I'll recommend 5G prestige (max three submissions per person). I'll recommend a further 20N prestige to the writer of a plotkit that we subsequently take up and put into play.

On a wider level I'd like to encourage players to make similar contributions in all venues. That request was for Requiem as I'm AMST for that venue, but all venues can benefit from the massive creativity of our player base. If you have ideas or plots, then let the relevant AMSTs know!
Link1 comment|Leave a comment

AMST Forsaken Report, Jul/Aug 2008 [Aug. 18th, 2008|07:08 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office
aamstforsaken
MST Office:AMST Report for (GL-000-A White Wolf)
Submitted by (US2003122583) James Fisher
On 2008-08-18 15:46:54 and due 2008-08-18
Status is Entered

1) Executive Summary
2) Staff
3) Projects
4) Other Activity
5) Questions and Concerns

Executive Summary
In some ways, a slow month. I took advantage of the one "paid" week of vacation offer, and left Pants in charge of the venue for a week. I think that went very well - I came back with the creativity battery recharged a bit, and Pants did an excellent job handling things (and yelling at me to go back on vacation anytime I tried to poke my nose into anything "at the office", as it were).

I'm happy to welcome on board the National/Global Forsaken staff Keri Turner, the new US ANST Forsaken. We've begun a few discussions on things, I brought her up to speed with what's been going on, she's asked good questions, and I have a very positive feeling for the US Forsaken game going forward. Congrats, Keri, and welcome aboard the team!

We've discussed a few things about the Addendum; expect some changes in the next update. For now, we've hit a big thing or two (one due to a player pointing something out, so that's good!), and next will be poking the rest of the Forsaken section of the Addendum with rusty knives until it bleeds, to make sure it's entirely workable, so I'd like to ask for some patience while we take a look at things.

There are some applications in the Database for Milestone Gifts. Specifically, there are four. One is Pending Global, and is under much scrutiny at this time, so I'm looking forward to ironing out the process for these very rare, but much sought-after Gifts.

Venue Demographics:

Total Approved Applications in the Forsaken venue: 2734
Total Approved in the last month: 59
Total Removed Applications: 879
Total Denied: 121

Approved Fetishes: 552

Lodges: (by tribe breakdown):

Blood Talons (38 total PC's in Lodges):
Cerberus: 5
Garm: 13
Night: 17
Swords: 3

Bone Shadows (30 total PC's in Lodges):
Death: 6
Doors: 12
Grey (custom lodge): 2
Harbingers: 2
Prophecy: 6
Turtle Shell (custom lodge): 1

Hunters in Darkness (17 total PC's in Lodges):
Ashes: 1
Firestick: 1
Harmony: 1
Ruin: 2
Seasons (Spring): 1
Seasons (Winter): 3
Wrath: 8

Iron Masters (19 total PC's in Lodges):
Arms: 2
Lightning: 6
Metal: 4
Scrolls: 5
Stones: 2

Storm Lords (14 total PC's in Lodges):
Crows: 3
Maelstrom: 3
Salvation: 1
Thunder: 4
Winter: 3

Open (accessible to any tribe; 23 total PC's):
Chemics: 1
Crossroads: 1
Kletby: 2
Lost: 6
Luna's Devotees: 2
Savior: 1
Scars: 2
Shepherd: 1
Silence: 4
Storm's Eye: 1
Unity: 2

((Total PC's in Lodges: 141))

Staff
AAMST Forsaken: Plots and Implementation: Dave "Pants" Segil
Member #: US2003112543
Expiration: 01/26/08
Ordeals: Membership, Storyteller, Coordinator, WoD, Requiem, Prestige
Contact: aamst.forsaken.plots@gmail.com

Projects
Project Name: Let there be Plot!
Project Status: Starting
Project Lead: Jim Fisher (that's me!)

Project Status: Moving along, discussion is ongoing, bringing US ANST up to speed on it, getting more feedback.


Project Name: Spirits in the Camarilla (tentative title)
Project Status: Writing
Project Lead: Jim Fisher

Project Status: In progress.



Project Name: Settings Documents
Project Status: Collecting phase.
Project Lead: Jim Fisher

Project Description/Status: Looking to make some educational tools for the venue; if you have a suggestion for something other than what's listed below - and/or especially if you want to write something for that nummy National Prestige! - let me know privately please.

- Overview of the Forsaken Venue
- Playing a Wolf-Blooded in the Camarilla
- Running Antagonists



Other Activity
MST Office:AAMST Report for (GL-000-A White Wolf)
Submitted by (US2003112543) David Segil
On 2008-08-12 18:54:26 and due 2008-08-12
Status is Entered

1) Executive Summary
2) Projects and Plots
3) Questions and Concerns

Executive Summary
Weird, weird month. Jim went on vacation for a week, so I filled in for him for that period as AMST. Nothing much happened that required my attention, but it was still interesting.

We've also got our first Milestone Gift applications hitting Top and Global, so we've been dealing with how to deal with these gifts that should be exceedingly rare, while still making sure that the affiliates don't get the short end of the stick as US players put in more applications. Pretty much reached the conclusion that there is no set policy that we can set, but we will just have to be very picky with these applications as they come in and try to be sensitive as we go forward.


Projects and Plots
Project Name: Rite Implementation
Project Status: Mauve/Ongoing
Project Lead: Dave "Pants" Segil

Project Description: A series of plotkits designed to bring approved custom rites into play.

Project Summary: Ongoing/in process, as applications are approved.

** Other projects edited, confidential to National/Global

Questions and Concerns
** Confidential to Global

Questions and Concerns
** Confidential to Global

Prestige Listing
For MemberDateCategoryReason for awardNotesGRN
US2003112543
(David Segil)
2008-08-18AdministrationAAMST Forsaken salaryExtra work stepping up when I was on vacation0030

Link2 comments|Leave a comment

Global ST Prestige 08/07-04/08 Posted! [Aug. 4th, 2008|06:03 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office
tnphilpott
Anyone who received prestige from Global ST staff from August 07-April 08 should be able to see their lovely prestige on the USNC site now!

If you feel you are missing prestige from this time period, please email me with:

* How much prestige you feel you earned
* What officer awarded it
* When you were awarded it

and I will be happy to research it for you.

I thank everyone for the incredible amount of patience and tenacity everyone involved and affected showed while we were resolving this issue.

USNC Site - camarilla.white-wolf.com/usnc

--
Tammie Philpott
US2005075694
AMST Special Projects
LinkLeave a comment

A comment on Quick Draw [Aug. 1st, 2008|04:29 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office

silver_blue
Hi all

I raised the issue of the Quick Draw merit with Justin recently, because I felt that it was a merit that was widely misunderstood and I wanted to get clarification that I was interpreting it right. Having had that confirmation, I wanted to bring it up here, because whether consciously or unconsciously it's being used in an abusive manner.

Quick Draw does *not* let you draw a weapon as a free or reflexive action. Quick Draw means merely that you can draw a weapon *as part of the action to attack with that weapon*. You can't use Quick Draw for anything else.

So, you can't do the following;

Quick Draw and run away.
Quick Draw and activate a power.
Quick Draw and dodge.

For the Requiem venue one of the most important things to note here is the use of Quick Draw in conjunction with the Theban Sorcery ritual Lash Beyond Death. If your Lash Beyond Death action is "I quick draw the stake and then do something else" then it's illegitimate. If you are quick drawing the stake with your Lash Beyond Death then the only thing you can subsequently do in that action is attack someone with the stake. And I think that's reasonably fair - a one dot merit shouldn't be something that allows you to, for example, pull out a stake in your chest *and* utilize a fair escape power.

It's an easy oversight to make, because we don't refer to the Blue Book that often, so we (and I include myself) have made assumptions about the Quick Draw merit based merely on the idea that "it lets you draw a weapon really quickly". But the rules are quite specific once you check.

Cheers

-----
Robin Cannon
UK02102071
AMST CoS: Settings
www.fogofeternity.com
www.myfriendsdontknow.com
No matter how upset you get, no matter how irrational the initial reaction to getting your nose a little out of joint is, you are not allowed to lose sight of the fact that there is no possible way anything that happens in pretendy fun time games can actually be important. It is not, nor will it ever be, a big deal.
Link3 comments|Leave a comment

AMST Special Projects Report - June/July 2008 [Jul. 29th, 2008|12:07 am]
Camarilla Settings Office
tnphilpott
MST Office:AMST Report for (GL-000-A White Wolf)
Submitted by (US2005075694)
On Today and due 7/28/2008
Status is 'In Progress'
Note: You are seeing FULL PRIVATE details1) Executive Summary
2) Staff
3) Projects
4) Other Activity
5) Questions and Concerns

Executive Summary
This has been a super busy month for me RL. For those of you who have
been hoping for me, I finally did find a job and am starting to get used to waking up at 5am.

My time this month has been spent handling list/Db access and Org creation issues that have come in by email. We started the ST Access Audit. All countries on the DB, I heard back from. From the US, I only heard back from 3 of the 8 Regions. If your STs are experiencing access issues, it's not just yet another DB issue that's going to go away eventually - you need to fill out the spreadsheet and get in contact with me.

Due to RL and Cam Convention time constraints, there was little progress on the other projects this month.


Staff
Special Projects: Tammie Philpott
Member #: US2005075694
Expiration: April 4, 2010
Ordeals: Membership, Coordinator, Storyteller, Prestige, WoD, Requiem, Awakening
Contact: amst.admin@gmail.com

Projects
Project Name: ST/VSS/Organization Approvals DB access
Project Status: Ongoing, as needed
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Adding Orgs, updating ST access while those parts of the Approvals DB are down. Troubleshooting missing Apps, NPCs.

Project Summary:
Nothing new broke this month, but neither was anything fixed. With Wes back at the helm of Global Tech, hopefully this will be changing.

Issues and Risks:
Known issues are still known, but workarounds exist for most of them.

-----
Project Name: Approvals DB Cleanup
Project Status: New ST Access complete, ST Access/Org audit next month
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Pruning dead and defunct information from the Approvals Db.

Project Summary:
Working on one section at a time. I was thinking that the outcry of STs losing access would mean NSTs/RSTs would have returned their audit information post haste. And some did! I really hope that everyone else's access is fine. We'll be doing ST Access Audits twice a year until we get a new system, so you can be aware of who is set up for access in your group and who is still missing it.

Because of the Organization cannibalism that had to happen, there's still a mixup of venues belonging to different Orgs in the Db.

Issues and Risks:
Hopefully can work with tech to get this process streamlined.

-----
Project Name: MST Office Prestige
Project Status: Complete
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
I compiled Prestige missing from the USNC site from August 2007 through June 08. The prestige for July 08 will be added onto the spreadsheet before I send it to the ACD team.

Project Summary:
Janeka says she'll get it to Pearce this week, and I shall make her home baked cookies for ICC in return. So, soon, finally, hopefully, this issue will be resolved. :)

Issues and Risks:
Out of our hands right now.

-----
Project Name: MST Lists
Project Status: Ongoing, as needed
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Auditing the MST Lists to make sure the folks who should have access, do.

Project Summary:
This project is supported by two spreadsheets. These files will be stored on the MST Team list.
1) NST Teams - Date of NDA approval, Date of NDA Expiration, Name, Cam#, Email, Position
2) MST List Access - One tab for each list. Date of NDA approval, Name, Cam#, Email, Position for each list member. The addendum-beta, project-lead, and SettingsReview lists do not require the NDA columns.

The audit process will ensure that there is consistent and accurate A/NST access to our lists.

NDAs expire. We will be working with the Club Directors office to work out a schedule for an NDA Audit. Added a column for expiration date onto the Mail List Access spreadsheet.

This google document is shared with the MST and the AMST Archivist.

Mail lists have been created for for the Auction Item Seat on Book Sanctioning discusion winners. Waiting on NDAs to be returned and verified by the CD office before we can get this going.

Issues and Risks:
Need to add charcerts and metaplot lists to this document.

------
Project Name: Charity Item Tracking
Project Status: As needed
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Create Approvals for MST Office Charity Items, track the buyer information and how much money they raised.

Project Summary:

CAiNE 08 - 4 items - $595 raised for charity
USCC 08 - 15 items - $1810 raised for charity

Issues and Risks:
It took me 45 minutes to put one approval in as new and approve it up to Pending Global. Everything's done, just needs the Approval numbers for tracking, and this is going sloooowly due to App Db issues.

------
Project Name: MST Web Update
Project Status: Slow moving
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Reorganizing the MST Web area

Project Summary:

FAQs for all but Requiem are up, but ugly.

With the transition and Origins and getting everything else accounted for, no time for this this month.

I have a lot of High Status/Fame/Business/etc. response - Thanks! I'm very sorry that I haven't gone through these yet.

I received some great data from the Affiliates for their page, but USCC and DB issues derailed those updates - I do apologize!

Issues and Risks:
Joomla is restrictive and organized oddly, IMHO. But we're going to see if we can achieve what we want while remaining within its framework, since so many things have been built around it.

------
Project Name: Custom Mechanics Compilation
Project Status: In Process
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Compiling approved custom mechanics and compiling it into a list for the Web page.

Project Summary:
The approvals through June were distributed and parsed. Still haven't seen Requiem's yet. We wanted to know for our own what the total list of approved custom items are. Those missing months have been pulled, separated into spreadsheets by venue, just not distributed yet.

Issues and Risks:
Lots of apps. It will take time to process.



Other Activity
Project Name: ST/VSS/Organization Approvals DB access
Project Status: Ongoing, as needed
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Adding Orgs, updating ST access while those parts of the Approvals DB are down. Troubleshooting missing Apps, NPCs.

Project Summary:
Nothing new broke this month, but neither was anything fixed. With Wes back at the helm of Global Tech, hopefully this will be changing.

Issues and Risks:
Known issues are still known, but workarounds exist for most of them.

-----
Project Name: Approvals DB Cleanup
Project Status: New ST Access complete, ST Access/Org audit next month
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Pruning dead and defunct information from the Approvals Db.

Project Summary:
Working on one section at a time. I was thinking that the outcry of STs losing access would mean NSTs/RSTs would have returned their audit information post haste. And some did! I really hope that everyone else's access is fine. We'll be doing ST Access Audits twice a year until we get a new system, so you can be aware of who is set up for access in your group and who is still missing it.

Because of the Organization cannibalism that had to happen, there's still a mixup of venues belonging to different Orgs in the Db.

Issues and Risks:
Hopefully can work with tech to get this process streamlined.

-----
Project Name: MST Office Prestige
Project Status: Complete
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
I compiled Prestige missing from the USNC site from August 2007 through June 08. The prestige for July 08 will be added onto the spreadsheet before I send it to the ACD team.

Project Summary:
Janeka says she'll get it to Pearce this week, and I shall make her home baked cookies for ICC in return. So, soon, finally, hopefully, this issue will be resolved. :)

Issues and Risks:
Out of our hands right now.

-----
Project Name: MST Lists
Project Status: Ongoing, as needed
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Auditing the MST Lists to make sure the folks who should have access, do.

Project Summary:
This project is supported by two spreadsheets. These files will be stored on the MST Team list.
1) NST Teams - Date of NDA approval, Date of NDA Expiration, Name, Cam#, Email, Position
2) MST List Access - One tab for each list. Date of NDA approval, Name, Cam#, Email, Position for each list member. The addendum-beta, project-lead, and SettingsReview lists do not require the NDA columns.

The audit process will ensure that there is consistent and accurate A/NST access to our lists.

NDAs expire. We will be working with the Club Directors office to work out a schedule for an NDA Audit. Added a column for expiration date onto the Mail List Access spreadsheet.

This google document is shared with the MST and the AMST Archivist.

Mail lists have been created for for the Auction Item Seat on Book Sanctioning discusion winners. Waiting on NDAs to be returned and verified by the CD office before we can get this going.

Issues and Risks:
Need to add charcerts and metaplot lists to this document.

------
Project Name: Charity Item Tracking
Project Status: As needed
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Create Approvals for MST Office Charity Items, track the buyer information and how much money they raised.

Project Summary:

CAiNE 08 - 4 items - $595 raised for charity
USCC 08 - 15 items - $1810 raised for charity

Issues and Risks:
It took me 45 minutes to put one approval in as new and approve it up to Pending Global. Everything's done, just needs the Approval numbers for tracking, and this is going sloooowly due to App Db issues.

------
Project Name: MST Web Update
Project Status: Slow moving
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Reorganizing the MST Web area

Project Summary:

FAQs for all but Requiem are up, but ugly.

With the transition and Origins and getting everything else accounted for, no time for this this month.

I have a lot of High Status/Fame/Business/etc. response - Thanks! I'm very sorry that I haven't gone through these yet.

I received some great data from the Affiliates for their page, but USCC and DB issues derailed those updates - I do apologize!

Issues and Risks:
Joomla is restrictive and organized oddly, IMHO. But we're going to see if we can achieve what we want while remaining within its framework, since so many things have been built around it.

------
Project Name: Custom Mechanics Compilation
Project Status: In Process
Project Lead: Tammie Philpott

Project Description:
Compiling approved custom mechanics and compiling it into a list for the Web page.

Project Summary:
The approvals through June were distributed and parsed. Still haven't seen Requiem's yet. We wanted to know for our own what the total list of approved custom items are. Those missing months have been pulled, separated into spreadsheets by venue, just not distributed yet.

Issues and Risks:
Lots of apps. It will take time to process.


Questions and Concerns
I think all issues are handled, have solutions, or are in the process of attaining such.

Tammie Philpott
AMST Special Projects
US2005075694
LinkLeave a comment

AMST Forsaken Report, Jun/Jul 08 (Edited) [Jul. 20th, 2008|11:10 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office
aamstforsaken
MST Office:AMST Report for (GL-000-A White Wolf)
Submitted by (US2003122583) James Fisher
On 2008-07-20 22:52:20 and due 2008-07-18
Status is Entered

1) Executive Summary
2) Staff
3) Projects
4) Other Activity
5) Questions and Concerns

Executive Summary
Busy month. I had a -lot- of stuff going on, mostly in my head, actually, and some of that even got out on paper in a semi-coherent format. Go me! In that vein, I have some plot ideas that are formulating - they've been kicked around with the ANST's a bit, and I've sent out an email to the wider Forsaken ST audience to get some feedback on willingness to get involved in a plot project that, if done well, I think will be phenomenal. Storytellers - if you've not seen the email, particularly if you're not on Forsaken-ST, please please please ping me at aamstforsaken (at) gmail (dot) com. For those who have gotten the email, spread it amongst other Forsaken ST's, please (but be sure it doesn't get out to players - let's not spoil the surprised before the plot goes live, eh?), and remember that feedback is very key here. I can't possibly stress how important feedback is on this one.

Other than that - we got a book! And it's sanctioned! And...um...I did a stupid. In my focusing on the Global Approval portion of Milestone Gifts, I completely forgot to put in there that we are, in fact, using the 30 XP rule listed on page 12 of Tribes of the Moon. So, to clarify the process:

1. Get the Global Approval to obtain a Milestone Gift.
2. Plot is run - probably starting locally, but this will depend on precisely what each character may do, or how each plot will be run. As this is an innately personal experience between any given character and their Firstborn totem, each plot will, therefore, have to be likewise personal. Of further note is, while at least my office won't make it a point to, or go out of our way to kill the character - this is still the World of Darkness. If your character makes a bad decision, your character makes a bad decision.
3. Once the plot is completed, the XP is spent and your character will have a shiny new Milestone Gift. Congratulations!

Now, you may say "That's a really tough set of criteria!" or something to that effect. Yes, that's right - and I mean it to be. Milestone Gifts are directly given by the Firstborn to exemplars of each tribe. They are supposed to be very rare - if several dozen characters have them, they cease to be rare or special, and therefore lose any degree of wow factor they may otherwise have. Also remember, these characters that may potentially get these Gifts, should be *exemplars* of their respective tribes. With great power comes great responsibility, after all - others will no doubt look up to these characters, or be jealous, or anything in between, but all eyes will be on them. It's tough sometimes, but also, it can be a thrill like no other.

Sorry for the length here, and whatnot - I'm going to try and post to Forsaken-OOC as well, since not everyone uses the LJ (and I need to remember to post there, as well - d'oh!), so the above information is highly useful to the players, I think.

Project-wise, most things are coming along nicely. One project is a bit slow because the DB - or, more particularly, a particular script in the DB - doesn't like my browser (Firefox 3). But then, it didn't like the previous version of Firefox in the same manner, so...no big change there. I have a bit of a workaround, thanks to the CoolIris add-on for Firefox, but it's still taking some time.

Venue Demographics:

Total Approved Applications in the Forsaken venue: 2675
Total Approved in the last month: 61
Total Removed Applications: 847
Total Denied: 118

Approved Fetishes: 540

Lodges: (by tribe breakdown):

Blood Talons (38 total PC's in Lodges):
Cerberus: 5
Garm: 13
Night: 17
Swords: 3

Bone Shadows (30 total PC's in Lodges):
Death: 6
Doors: 12
Grey (custom lodge): 2
Harbingers: 2
Prophecy: 6
Turtle Shell (custom lodge): 1

Hunters in Darkness (16 total PC's in Lodges):
Ashes: 1
Firestick: 1
Harmony: 1
Ruin: 2
Seasons (Spring): 1
Seasons (Winter): 3
Wrath: 7

Iron Masters (18 total PC's in Lodges):
Arms: 2
Lightning: 6
Metal: 3
Scrolls: 5
Stones: 2

Storm Lords (14 total PC's in Lodges):
Crows: 3
Maelstrom: 3
Salvation: 1
Thunder: 4
Winter: 3

Open (accessible to any tribe; 22 total PC's):
Chemics: 1
Crossroads: 1
Kletby: 2
Lost: 6
Luna's Devotees: 2
Savior: 1
Scars: 2
Shepherd: 1
Silence: 4
Unity: 2

((Total PC's in Lodges: 138))

Staff
AAMST Forsaken: Plots and Implementation: Dave "Pants" Segil
Member #: US2003112543
Contact: aamst.forsaken.plots@gmail.com

Projects (partial list)

1) Let there be Plot!
Project Status: Starting
Project Lead: Jim Fisher (that's me!)

Project Description: Working on plots - one, as noted, in the Executive Summary, above.


2) Spirits in the Camarilla
Project Status: In Progress
Project Lead: Jim Fisher

Project Description: To create a document that should outline spirits in general, for all venues.


3) Settings Documents
Project Status: Collecting phase.
Project Lead: Jim Fisher

Project Description: There have been some suggestions for some settings documents, to further describe the venue and certain things that are different in the Camarilla vs. the books, so I'm going to start working on these. So far, I've got:

- Overview of the Forsaken Venue
- Playing a Wolf-Blooded in the Camarilla
- Running Antagonists

I may be looking for Project Assistants for these, I may want to write them myself. We'll see. In fact, I'm strongly leaning towards getting some writers for these, so I need to make writing guidelines and go from there, as well as do an All-Call for writers.

Project Status: Still compiling documents that would be good for this - for anyone who reads this part, feel free to ping ideas off my head! Will be aiming to get this pushed for the settings toolboxes for Storytellers, going on the MST website.
LinkLeave a comment

AMST CoS: Settings report - May/Jun 08 [Jul. 3rd, 2008|02:39 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office

silver_blue
====Executive Summary====

It's been a hectic month and a number of OOC commitments and issues meant I wasn't able to give Michelle as much support in her first couple of weeks as MST as I would have liked. Also apologies to any members who had to wait longer than they should for replies/feedback from me. All up to speed now though, and enthusiastic about a number of things moving forward.


Tim Edwards has made a great start as AMST Awakening and I'm excited about a lot of the initiatives I see from that venue. Also been impressed with activity and proactive guidance in the Forsaken and Lost venues from Jim and Lesley this month. The AMSTs have also done well at putting together their antagonist synopses which will act to help a consistent approach to venue antagonist groups. These should be available as an ST resource soon.


The recent Tutankhamun news story out of the UK demonstrated the high level of interest in this kind of thing, but also acted as a catalyst for sorting out a better method of delivering global news. Please check out camarillaglobalnews.wordpress.com/. The news that appears here is ICly available on a global basis, having been featured in mortal press. You'll be able to search the news, respond to it ICly through designated ST contacts, and subscribe to RSS feeds for news. I encourage any ST to forward news stories from their local games to their national staff if they think they have the potential for wider scope.


The news feed from that site is something that will also be incorporated into an updated and revamped MST site which is moving forward.


ICC is getting closer and I feel confident that all AMSTs are working well with their ICC venue lead counterparts. I'm excited about the event and I expect that it's going to play an integral part in wider developments to our international story across all venues. Michelle, the AMSTs and I have all been discussing some exciting concepts for developing long term story in all venues.


Also looking forward to SWRE, and escaping a grey English summer for some sweltering desert heat. For those of you heading to Phoenix I look forward to seeing you there.

Robin Cannon
UK02102071
AMST CoS: Settings
Link1 comment|Leave a comment

AMST Rules Report June 08 [Jun. 28th, 2008|10:04 pm]
Camarilla Settings Office
gaskinsj
1) Executive Summary
2) Staff
3) Projects
4) Other Activity
5) Questions and Concerns

Executive Summary
1) Finalized discussions to release the next Addendum. It should be out in the next day or so. It will include some revisions to previous materials as well as several new books.

2) Worked with Lesley Packel to create a Token Creation Guide to give guidelines on creating tokens and possibly lower their approval level from Global. This project has progressed much faster that I originally expected. It will still take several layers of review and revision, but a much more formalized proposal is now in the works.

3) Finally answered all the backlogged questions on Cam-Rules-Answers. This are being formatted to send to last of them to the NSTs for review. Many new questions remain, but those left over when I took office, and several new ones, are ready for review.

4) Created several options for formats of the revised FAQ, sending these out to reviewers to see which format is best fit so that we can put the remaining questions into those forms.

5) Continued release of the approved FAQ answers in what should be a weekly release of clarifications on the Cam-Rules-Answers list. It has gotten great reviews, though there have been some issues. So a few questions have been sent back to the ST staffs for further review.

6) Continued discussion on how to incorporate Changing Breeds into the Camarilla Chronicle. This might take a while.

7) Continuing to discuss both Banishers and Grimore of Grimores to put them into a proper format for sanctioning.

8) Working with the Changeling STs on releasing clarifications on Iron, which should be incorporated into the FAQ.


Staff
Staff
PL Cam-Rules-Answers: Chris Smith
Member #: US2002021171
Expiration: April 01, 2009
Ordeals: Membership, Coordinator, Storyteller, WoD, Requiem, Prestige
Contact: rulespeon@gmail.com

Projects
Project Name: Cam-Rules-Answers
Project Status: Near Completion
Project Lead: Chris Smith

Project Description: To answer the backlog questions on Cam-Rules-Answers and rework the FAQ into a more useful resource.

Project Summary: Together Chris and I have answered all the pending questions in all venues except for Requiem.

Issues and Risks:

[owner - Justin Gaskins] Developing a proper format that it searchable, easily updatable, and organized for ease to the membership.

Project Name: Token Creation Guide
Project Status: Very Early Stages
Project Lead: n/a

Project Description: Create a token creation guide for the Lost venue to allow custom tokens at an approval level less than Global.

Project Summary: Began compiling all the information from the previous Custom Token applications, the Treasure Creation Guide from Changeling: the Dreaming, the tokens in Rites of Spring and Changeling: the Lost, as well as the Fetish creation guide in Lore of the Forsaken.

Issues and Risks:

[owner - Justin Gaskins] THe biggest issue is how to make concrete guidelines for things that really shouldn't be concrete. The biggest issue is finding a feasible method to make Catches and Drawbacks that are appropriate for the various Token levels.
LinkLeave a comment

AMST Report, AMST: Dark Places on the Map [Jun. 25th, 2008|06:23 am]
Camarilla Settings Office

uradunce
Executive Summary
DPotM website:
http://camarilla.white-wolf.com/MST/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Introduction

This month we bid farewell to Jen Seggev our previous AAMST Awakening. The process of finding her replacement has just concluded. The new AAMST DPotM Awakening is Derek Burrow.

All requests for DPotM in regards to the Lost and Awakening venue now go to Derek Burrow at dpotm.awakening@gmail.com

Activity via proxy request continues to be steady. A general outline is provided below of significant proxies. This is something I intend to keep as part of my reports in the future.

PROXIES:
St. Petersburg – A group is setting up a training camp in this location.

Russia – Now a few months into a few Kindred pushing their way into the borders between Mongolia and Russia.

Egypt – There are two PC groups proxied currently.

Robin is the PoC for the Khaibit group.

I am the PoC for the other.

Africa – There are a group of Gangrel looking for evidence of the death Exodus and Raven Celestine. Robin is the PoC.

The Dead Sea – Proxy completed.

Rouen – Proxy updated.


Staff
AMST DPotM: Andrew J Trujillo
Member #: US2002076343
Expiration: 04/2009
Ordeals: Test of Membership, Test of the Storyteller, Test of the Coordinator, World of Darkness Venue Ordeal
Contact: requiemdpotm@gmail.com

AAMST: Awakening DPotM – Derek Burrow
Member #: CA200308013
Expiration: 05/2009
Ordeals: None.
Contact: dpotm.awakening@gmail.com

PL: DpotM Wiki – Rachel Judd
Member #: US2006027424
Expiration: August 27, 2008
Ordeals: Test of Membership, Test of the Coordinator, Venue Ordeal: WoD, Test of the Storyteller, Venue Ordeal: Requiem, Venue Ordeal: Awakening, and Prestige Ordeal.
Contact: dpotm.wiki@gmail.com


Projects
Project Name: Dark Places site for convention use

Project Status: Magenta – Waiting for feedback (still) also getting files together.

Project Lead: Andrew J Trujillo

Project Description: The creation of a city or group of cities in a Dark Place for use in non-Cam conventions. May also see use in IRC games, proxies, etc. A pre-determined location will allow these unusual situations to participate in the Global chronicle, without awkward explanations concerning the presence and/or absence of assorted supernatural creatures.

South Africa is right out. Nairobi is in!!!

Project Summary: Baby steps.

Issues and Risks: Still waiting for feedback.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Project Name: Dark Places on the Map Wiki

Project Status: Lots Left to Do
Project Lead: Rachel Judd, US2006027424

Project Description: The Dark Places on the Map Wiki was created to give players a way to quickly learn about who and what has happened in the Dark Places, as well as provide inspiration for players who want to have a character involved with a Dark Place.

Project Summary: I made whole pages for the following cities: Blagoveshchenk, Alexandria, Tangier, Hong Kong, Jerusalem, Istanbul, Northern Ireland, the Sudan and Orleans. Istanbul also needed some of the player-added content edited for grammar and ease of reading. I created a template to be used for South American cities. I also discovered that the page for Cuba was in need of a serious overhaul - the graphics were too large, the information on the page needed to be re-organized according to the templates I devised, and a great deal of content needed to be edited for style, grammar and spelling. I also edited the page for Africa as a whole - I thought it was far too cluttered with links to Wikipedia, and I added a brief historical blurb about each region to give players ideas about designing characters from the region. Southern Africa, Middle Africa, Northern Africa and Western Africa were edited in this respect.

My goal for the next month is to have the majority of the wiki ready for far more player-created content to be added by the time the next report is due.

Significant Changes: None to report, other than adding significant content to the pages listed above.
LinkLeave a comment

navigation
[ viewing | most recent entries ]
[ go | earlier ]